Magazine Shoot - Edited Pictures


Here are some of  the pictures I took during my magazine photoshoot. I have taken away my favourite and photoshopped/edited them. There are others that I may still need to edit but I have chosen these because they are paired different versions so I am tempted to pic one of each. 


This picture is probably my favourite. I used the same pose  on my cover draft, although the angle has changed slightly to a low angle so Becca is looking slightly down at the camera but she has her head held high, this is to make her seem more confident and empowered.

I also added a red background using two red fabrics, this was to help connote confidence and power. The cover mentions how millennials are "standing up and speaking out" therefore I felt like the colour red would make this idea of empowerment stand out. 


The background has pink hues due to me changing the highlight to a warmer tone in order to brighten the skin tones of both Thisath and Becca, I haven't whitened over it because I want to test it out on the double page spread first. I was wondering if it would look better like this do it doesn't blend into the already white page, the pink may act as a boarder.


I like the pose of the previous one more although the composition if this one looks better, so I am still deciding which to choose.


I wouldn't make this a picture for a whole page but I was thinking of possibly adding it to the side of a page, since it's too nice not to include. In this case I also like the pink background in contrast to the black clothing as it makes him look softer and loveable. (which to be honest I didn't know was possible).



This was a bit of experimentation. I know that blue is actually a complementary colour for yellow. However, I do think I prefer the warmer pink toned background. Both pictures are nice but the pink just creates this fluffy, fanciful atmosphere which I just appreciate more. The blue just looks like a cold day.

Let me know which pictures you like the most.

Comments

Post a Comment