Rough Cut



Here is a rough cut of my Soap Opera 'Drummer Street'



This is the first scene of my show, the ending is the opening to the second part.

Context:

This girl, her names Robyn, recently died at a party and no knows how because the police reports haven't been released yet. 

Becca (in the grey jumper) is Robyn's best friend. In this scene she confronts Prachi (in the black hoodie) who bullied Robyn. She believes that she killed her friend. 

….

As a soap opera it is very much dialogue heavy, which made filming more difficult and is the result of a few awkward cuts.

Write what you think below, if you think I need to cut any parts also write that down below.

Thank you and enjoy :)

Comments

  1. Hey. This is a great start, I loved it! I was just a bit unsure of the ending with with the scenes cut over the top of Becca's audio.. Maybe you could try and make the message you're trying to convey clearer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the jump cuts are a bit too obvious at times. Also the audio could do with some compression and genral balancing (it goes from quiet to loud very quickly). I like the transition into the scene at the end... also that boy with the beanie looks pengggg does he have insta??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the concept in here, and it's good. The execution... could be better! The jump cuts are very jarring- although I realise they're a convention. As a convention, the jump cuts usually involve changes in direction and camera angle; here it comes across as a mistake. I like the ending though- the placement of the room scene above the other scene is a TV trope! Here also, it seems a bit jarring at times- perhaps give each clip a bit longer to settle before cutting? As a soap opera, I guess the standards are not so high- but what makes they so easily appealing is how "well" they do the small amount of things they do. It has to feel fluid- you can fix this in a future draft cut. I look forward to seeing who the villain here is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment