Shooting Experience: Scene 1



A few weeks ago I shot the first scene of my show "Drummer Street".
This article is to show the process of that as well as cover my dilemma's and my next steps.


Preparation


In prep for the shoot, me and the girls went to Paul to have a lesson on the how to use the camera equipment and before we went away to film, I gave my leading ladies their scripts so they could begin learning their lines.








In terms of location, I originally wanted to film the first scene in Cambridge City centre, outside a church in a fairly secluded area. This was mainly due to the fact that I also wanted to film the opening credits in the city centre.

However due to lack of time, and the small issue of walking with the camera equipment to and from town, I decided to instead film by the sports centre as it was at least a secluded area. 

I also really wanted a location which had gravel because I wanted the characters footsteps to be heard at the beginning of the scene. I also wanted there to be some noise during the fight scene, just to heighten the tension of the scene and for it to seem like there was a struggle made.

I also filmed near the fences by the tennis court because within the scene, there would be quite a bit of pushing into it and I liked the diegetic sounds emitted of squeaking and groaning. It matched with the scene and helped pull it together nicely.







Shooting as a whole went fairly well and after going to the editing suit, I do believe that I have enough footage for my show. However, some scenes don't flow particularly nicely with one another, therefore I am considering re-shooting some clips. 

This was short, but I thought it's best to just put it out there.

Comments

  1. Good Tawana. Did you have any trouble directing your cast and crew?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment