ITV 2 Listings



Welcome back guys to part 2 of this mini series where I will show you guys the different tv listings on the different ITV channels and I will go through the shows and tell you what I think about them.

              Image result for itv 2 logo


For this blog post we will be looking at ITV 2 which have described their channel as


ITV's entertainment channel for young people, with a range of show including original scripted comedies and panel shows, American acquisitions, and movies.

As you guys will probably notice, most of the shows which I have shown on the table below are made and shown in America and while they do show a wider range of shows, one thing they all have  in common is an aspect of including popular culture into their programme.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show does it through the guests whom she invites, whom are usually movie stars that are very popular among young adults. Then you have comedies such as Two and a Half Men and Family Guy which technically take jabs at popular culture but usually in a playful sense as their references are often relatable and humorous amongst a young crowd. 

I quite like how the channel has included American shows on their channel, it helps to differentiate ITV2 from their other channels and caters it to a more specific audience and without doing too much research into what constitutes as a millennial and basing the idea of it from my own knowledge (meaning I could be slightly off), I do feel as though that the channels shown on here would appeal to millennials. 




Channels
Programme Titles
Time
General Synopsis
Genre
Target Audience
ITV2
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
9:25am – 10:20am
Hosted by comedian/actress Ellen DeGeneres the daily talk show features a combination of comedy, celebrity and music guests alongside topical human-interest stories.
Factual –  Talk Show
Female
Broad
25+
Housewives with children
B,C1,C2,D

The Bachelorette
10:20am – 11:10am
The Bachelorette is an American reality television dating show revolving around one single bachelorette who must pick a partner from a range of potential men. During the course of the season, the bachelorette eliminates candidates, sparking conflicts throughout, with the bachelorette proposing marriage to her final choice.
Factual –
Dating Show
Female
25+
Housewives with children
C1,C2,D

Two and a Half Men
8:00pm – 8:30pm
After the death of his brother, Alan Harper meets and befriends a lonely young man named Walden Schmidt who turns out to be a billionaire. Unable to afford his brother's home, Alan sells Walden the house, and as a way of showing his gratitude, Walden allows Alan and his son Jake to move in with him.
Fiction – Comedy, Drama
Both Genders
Broad
Young Adults
17 – 30
C2,D,E
(E in terms of students)

Love Island
9:00pm – 10:05pm
A new generation of Islanders embark on a summer of dating where
every few days the islanders will have to couple up, with those not in a couple at risk of being dumped from the island - but with the path to true love littered with surprise arrivals and unexpected twists and turns, there’s never a dull moment in the islanders’ sunshine paradise.
Ultimately the couples must win over the hearts of the public, who will have the final say on who wins the show and takes home a lucrative cash prize.
Factual – Dating Show
Female
Young Adults
15 - 35
C2,D,E


Family Guy
10:55pm – 11:25pm
Family Guy is an American animated television sitcom. The series centres on the dysfunctional Griffin family; father Peter, mother Lois, daughter Meg, son Chris, baby Stewie and Brian, the family dog. The show is set in the fictional town of Quahog, Rhode Island.
Fiction – Cartoon, Comedy
Both Genders
Young Adults
15 – 30
C2,D,E


Looking at this table, I must admit that while although I chose these shows to showcase the variety of shows they have on their programme, I also chose them because they were all familiar to me as I thought they would be to others reading this as well.

And to be honest my favourite shows on there would have to be The Bachelorette and Love Island. I just really love trashy reality TV, especially when it involves love because it seems like every single person on each of the shows have no idea of the concept of it and everything just gets messy and I just feel 10x better about having a basic/boring life.

Well... now that i've finished exposing myself, with all that being said if I were to make a show for ITV2 I think it would be interesting to do a talk show like the Ellen DeGeneres Show
 and invite a (fake) celebrity guest although the issue would then be involving the narrative options within it. 

As tempted as I am to create my own Love Island, truthfully that would be quite challenging, I mean... I don't think I even have enough friends for something like that. But if I can find a loop hole I will let you guys know.

That's all for now folks ;)

Comments